• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Maps in Illustrator-Adding Links to an Object

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble locating the buttons or panel to add hyperlinks to shapes/objects. I was able to find it in the attributes panel, but I'm not seeing the option there. Anyone else having that issue or can provide guidance on where it might have moved. 

My use case is simply adding links to objects so that I can export as an SVG and have those items go to different websites. I've done this before, but things may have moved and I don't know where to look.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

In Save for web panel,
After mapping with the Slice Tool, double click on a map and you can make a URL link there.

Ekran Resmi 2020-10-15 01.38.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Save for web panel,
After mapping with the Slice Tool, double click on a map and you can make a URL link there.

Ekran Resmi 2020-10-15 01.38.42.png

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for tour help! Is slicing the best way to add links? Is it now the only way? 

I used another method that was very similar that allowed me to click an object, open the attributes panel, and assign a URL. That method appears to be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines