Highlighted

Image quality reduced when exported as PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more familiar with Photoshop than Illustrator, but I seriously can't figure this out on either platform. I'll take advice for either. I need to make a website banner that is 1000 px x 175 px. I start off by creating a new document with these dimensions with all the standard settings. I need to incorporate a logo into the banner, so I import it into the document. The logo file is .eps and it is way larger than 1000 x 175. so I have to size it down a good bit. In photoshop it gets very blurry (which from what I can tell, really can't be helped). But in illustrator, it still looks great once I resize it down. But once I export the final banner image as a png, the final image is super blurry! Even though I was working with a document that is the correct size the whole time. Everything I have found online only gives advice on how to resize images LARGER without losing quality, but I am having the opposite problem-- I can't resize my logo SMALLER without losing quality. I'm probably just not aware of some fundamental law of pixels, but nothing I read online has been helpful. Thanks for any advice!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Is that a pixel based EPS or vector based?

How much detail is in it?

175 pixels is not very much, so don't expect to be able to have a lot of crispy detail in it.

Inside Illustrator you can zoom. But once this is rendered into pixels, it won't be possible to zoom.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image quality reduced when exported as PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more familiar with Photoshop than Illustrator, but I seriously can't figure this out on either platform. I'll take advice for either. I need to make a website banner that is 1000 px x 175 px. I start off by creating a new document with these dimensions with all the standard settings. I need to incorporate a logo into the banner, so I import it into the document. The logo file is .eps and it is way larger than 1000 x 175. so I have to size it down a good bit. In photoshop it gets very blurry (which from what I can tell, really can't be helped). But in illustrator, it still looks great once I resize it down. But once I export the final banner image as a png, the final image is super blurry! Even though I was working with a document that is the correct size the whole time. Everything I have found online only gives advice on how to resize images LARGER without losing quality, but I am having the opposite problem-- I can't resize my logo SMALLER without losing quality. I'm probably just not aware of some fundamental law of pixels, but nothing I read online has been helpful. Thanks for any advice!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

175 pixels is not very much, so don't expect to be able to have a lot of crispy detail in it.

Inside Illustrator you can zoom. But once this is rendered into pixels, it won't be possible to zoom.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, can you share a sample .ai file and include some very clear instructions about the issue you are talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know how to tell if it is pixel based or vector based. I attached two versions of the logo that I was given. I also attached the png exported version so you can see how blurry it becomes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, do not mark my answer as the "correct answer".

That may be misleading, just because there is no solution so far.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't know why that happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1