Highlighted

Image size is showing (always) document info and NOT the selected image info. How to change this?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to check image resolution, dpi, so that it will print correctly. I use to see it in some dialogue box or at the top of the window but that has gone!!!!. When I click on image and then check Image Size it gives me the Whole Document size and resolution and NOT the individual image that I want. See screen shot. Any help would be greatful..... Arrrrrrrrrrrr!Showing the WHOLE DOC info and not eh image info I want.Showing the WHOLE DOC info and not eh image info I want.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image size is showing (always) document info and NOT the selected image info. How to change this?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to check image resolution, dpi, so that it will print correctly. I use to see it in some dialogue box or at the top of the window but that has gone!!!!. When I click on image and then check Image Size it gives me the Whole Document size and resolution and NOT the individual image that I want. See screen shot. Any help would be greatful..... Arrrrrrrrrrrr!Showing the WHOLE DOC info and not eh image info I want.Showing the WHOLE DOC info and not eh image info I want.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that screen capture is the dialog you get I see resample is not check which is good I also see the three  print  size settings you can change any one of them Photoshop will change the other two.  I see print resolution there you should be able to set it for its not grayed out.??? I also see the image preview in the dialog. The Screem capture does not reflect what you wrote?

Perhaps you want Layer transform instead of Image Size.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack thanks for getign back......

The issue is..... I want to check if an image, when I resize it will print at 250dpi+. Am I gettign confused with a AI info box?

The above box give me the page overview and NOT the image..... I have to double click for it to open in another window and then I can open image size.... but I need to see the resized image... in place and see the dpi alter as I size it so I can get the image to the max size with out effecting image print resolution.

But like I said.... is this an AI info box?

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I do not install AI this is a Photoshop Forum and what you posted looked like a normal Photoshop Images sized dialog.  Perhaps you should ask in the AI forum. 

However, Print Resolution is Print Pixels size you can print you image any size you want  by changing the Print Pixel size.  It like TV small a 4K TV have smaller  Pixel size then a wall size 4K TV.  both image are the same size image 3840px by 2160px.

Changing the Print rosilution  does not change the Picture at all that just changes the size the print will be not a single pixel is changed. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeking an Illustrator or Photoshop answer, it is rather confusing from your reply to JJMack. In Illustrator, if you select the image that you have brought in, the information will be available to you, not on the document information, but just above that, where you will see the tool options and the ability to embed or unembed the image. If you are in Photoshop, then as JJMack said, the Print Resolution is the place to look.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, the page is the image. So Image Size is working correctly.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have to double click for it to open in another window and then I can open image size"

Hi

You've shown us a small snippet of your screen. This sentence suggests that possibly the image is a Smart Object and the "window" you are opening is the psb, but it's hard to tell from what you've said. Can you show a screen shot of your Layers panel? Be sure it is sized tall enough and wide enough that we can see all the layers.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I moved your post to the Illustrator community 

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it will help, since every screenshot in this topic refers to Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

The first sentence from the OP is "Need to check image resolution, dpi (sic), so that it will print correctly."

How does it help to move the thread to Illustrator?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP probably needs to check effective resolution.

But since they never gave a description of the actual task, it's difficult to help in any forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, the OP writes :

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

JJMack thanks for getign back......

The issue is..... I want to check if an image, when I resize it will print at 250dpi+. Am I gettign confused with a AI info box?

The above box give me the page overview and NOT the image..... I have to double click for it to open in another window and then I can open image size.... but I need to see the resized image... in place and see the dpi alter as I size it so I can get the image to the max size with out effecting image print resolution.

But like I said.... is this an AI info box?"

Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

- - - this is a Photoshop Forum and what you posted looked like a normal Photoshop Images sized dialog.  Perhaps you should ask in the AI forum.

reading that I took it that they meant the AI info box was confusing them! 

IS IT a Photoshop question? 

think I should move it back? 

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need input from the OP, but nothing they posted is an AI info box. If they are confused about what software they use for some similar task in the past, they need to clear that up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was inclined to move it there as well, however the situation and what the poster is after is so confusing, I decided to leave it here until there was a little more clarity. Hopefully, they will get the info they need somewhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0