• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image to vector problem

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a picture to vecto. Now I just want to color the background. But that doesn't work because everything or nothing is set. How can I exclude the background from the foreground?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of your workspace with the object you want to colour selected, and list the exact steps you took to get to that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vecto1.jpgvecto2.jpg

Because upper is normal. The bottom is when I color it everything gets colored. In the example blue. I just want to color the gray object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Expand the Image trace and ungroup it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is object and background together. when I click all points and a frame are displayed. The object is to be separated from the background. that I can color the object (or make a gradient).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you direct select the background?

Please show us (insert the image, don't embed) the expanded layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider nicht. Ich hab oben einen screenhot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't see the content of the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to Object > Compound Path > Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image trace works on the whole bounding box area, (even though there's nothing there), so you have a box, or parts of a box, outside of your wanted image that has vector elements as well, you need to remove them. 

After the first image trace-> expand, select outside your wanted image (work in preview mode if it's more helpful so you can see all the edges) but within the bounding box of wanted image and delete - if this color (presumable white, is not used elsewhere, you can select same color and delete all (the white) in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines