• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image trace is missing and Properties panel is not appearing when clicked in Illustrator 2021

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest verstion of Illustrator and I cant fint image trace in the Obect drop down so I went looking for it in the Properties Window but when I select the window it does not appear.  Also tried bringing it up under the essentials workspace.  Anyone with the same issue???

Thank you in advance.

{Reanmed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you're selecting a raster graphic? The options that appear at the bottom of the Properties panel are contextual. If something other than a raster graphic is selected, then instead of Image Trace and other raster image operation options displaying as the Quick Actions in the Properties panel, you'll see operations related to whatever is selected. Also, if something other than a raster graphic is selected, the options for Image Trace will be grayed out when you go to either Object > Image Trace or Window > Image Trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you choose via menus - Window > Image Trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked above:

• Exact OS & version of Illustrator
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines