Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Trace vs Live Trace

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveTrace_options.JPG

Hi All,  I recently upgraded to the Adobe CC from CS3.  I am trying to get the same results from Image Trace as I did in Live Trace in CS3.  I was getting much better results in CS3 then what I'm getting in the most recent Illustrator and I find that hard to believe.  I was using the above options in CS3.  Would anyone be able to help be get a a similar result in the newest version of Illustrator?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the tracing engine did change in some fundamental way between CS5 and CS6. Many people think this was for the worse, especially when dealing with black & white images.

See this thread for a long discussion, complaints, and hopefully some settings suggestions that might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/results-in-image-trace-don-t-match-live-trace/td-p/438331...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any chance Adobe will be refining the Image Trace so we can get back to a useful tool?  Or do I have to go back to CS3 everytime I want to trace a drawing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines