Highlighted

Image Trace will not trace

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched for my issue but cannot find an answer to what exactly is happening. I have a png image in Illustrator, and when in Image Trace, I click "Trace". What it does is check mark "Preview" and then grays "Trace" out so that I can't click it to trace the image. I'm stuck in preview mode and cannot follow through with the image trace. Am I missing something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Tracing creates a live object. So it might not look like it, but maybe it has already been traced and you jut need to expand it in order to get the paths.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image Trace will not trace

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched for my issue but cannot find an answer to what exactly is happening. I have a png image in Illustrator, and when in Image Trace, I click "Trace". What it does is check mark "Preview" and then grays "Trace" out so that I can't click it to trace the image. I'm stuck in preview mode and cannot follow through with the image trace. Am I missing something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Tracing creates a live object. So it might not look like it, but maybe it has already been traced and you jut need to expand it in order to get the paths.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please some more information as follows

1. Which version of Illustrator are you using?

2. Which operating system are you working on Mac or Windows?

3. Is it happening on particular image or all images?

Answer to these questions will help us to guide you.

Thanks

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to response given by Monika, I'd recommend chekcing out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/image-trace.html to know more about Image Trace in Illustrator.

You may also share the details asked by Charu if you still have issues. They will help us understand the issue better and respond accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 1
Resources