• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image with hyperlinks

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create an image to post on Facebook that has a working hyperlink?  I can export an InDesign file to an interactive PDF and it looks great and the link works, but how can I get it into an image format that preserves the link?  Is it better to do this with Illustrator?  Or can I somehow convert the PDF to an image with a working hyperlink?  What's the best process for this?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't and you don't. You have a fundamental misunderstanding about how this stuff even works. Hyperlinks are generated by the surrounding source code and you have to create them with whatever tools FB provides - tagging people and faces or linking the image directly. This has nothing at all to do with any of the Adobe programs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I don't understand this.  That's why I came here to ask. 🙂  I'm a total amatuer, but I'm trying to learn.  What I'm trying to do is create a graphic invitation to a large community event with a link to the registration page and post it on social media.  Is there any way to make this happen?  Are there, in fact, FB tools that will allow me to make the whole graphic a clickable link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there, in fact, FB tools that will allow me to make the whole graphic a clickable link?

Maybe, but Facebook expertise isn't something you should expect to find here in the Adobe forums. I have a personal Facebook account where I've never posted much of anything, so I went and tried it. I don't see a way to include a link with a picture; just "tagging" and alt-text, but there may be other account types, or perhaps some kind of add-ons that would make it possible. I'd advise you to ask in a more Facebook-savvy setting.

According to this, the tagging features are deeper than just adding names of people. Perhaps it will help... https://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-links-photos-facebook-50781.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines