Highlighted

Import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When you import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects the illustrations are 10x smaller. Please fix this with an option like "Honor scale" in After Effects. 

Why I want these Large canvas size Illustrator file in the first place? I create 2D explainer animations in Illustrator and animate them later in After Effects. Before the Large canvas option I was only able to create max. 15 artboards (the scenes of the animation) from 3840x2160 each in Illustrator. Now I can scale this up to more then 100 artboards, so I only need one Illustrator file in stead of a few for larger animations.

Thanks! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

If you'd like to submit a bug or feature request, the best place to go would be Uservoice. There's a Uservoice for Illustrator and one for After Effects. You could submit it to both, but sounds like After Effects is the one that would need to make an update to honor the scale.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When you import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects the illustrations are 10x smaller. Please fix this with an option like "Honor scale" in After Effects. 

Why I want these Large canvas size Illustrator file in the first place? I create 2D explainer animations in Illustrator and animate them later in After Effects. Before the Large canvas option I was only able to create max. 15 artboards (the scenes of the animation) from 3840x2160 each in Illustrator. Now I can scale this up to more then 100 artboards, so I only need one Illustrator file in stead of a few for larger animations.

Thanks! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

If you'd like to submit a bug or feature request, the best place to go would be Uservoice. There's a Uservoice for Illustrator and one for After Effects. You could submit it to both, but sounds like After Effects is the one that would need to make an update to honor the scale.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1