• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import CAD bug with version 25.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since update 25.1, as soon I import CAD drawing inside Illustrator, I cannot modify/save my CAD files because Illustrator continues to use it. I have to shut down Illustrator (not just the .AI file) to be able to modify/save my CAD files and it's frustrating and take a lot of time.

I don't know how to say that but it seem to be the import function is more like a "link" instead a "copy file". It's new since update 25.1, I didn't have this problem before, for many years.

I use PC (Windows 10) and Illustrator 2021.

I tried to be clear as possible (english it's not my primary language).

Thank you

Benoit

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe what exactly is happening step by step.

You are closing the file, but Illustrator still uses it?

You can use your primary language there is a translation service available on the forum. It will only fail when you mix languages in one post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I import CAD file in Illustrator

- I want to modify my CAD and update/import this modifyed CAD into Illustrator

- But I cannot save my CAD because it's been already been use by Illustrator. Even if I delete the import or I undo it.

I soon as I close Illustrator, I can save my CAD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAD means which file format that you open? And also what are you trying to save?

You import it intoa file? Or open it as a new file?

Where are you trying to save it?

And exactly what are you deleting from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try with DWG and DXF, same result. It's new bug as soon I updated 25.1 

Normally, when I import my DWG, it's automatically import also the colors used  in the DWG. Now nothing. I added video of what I do exactly. Hop that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled update 25.0.1 and everything work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue as posted a few mins earlier here https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/latest-illustrator-update-25-1-holding-on-to-closed-files... 

Stepping back a version is not an option for me as this has affected all systems that received the latest update this week (approx 25 systems affected at my site alone, we have a number of sites globally with the same issue).

I can open a dxf or dwg file, close it immediately without making any modifications (close the file not illustrator), but I cannot Move/Delete?Modify with another application etc because it says Its still open in Illustrator. Only closing down the whole Illustrator application free's up the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening after the update to 25.2

Opening a CAD format (Either DWG or DXF) and then closing the file (you don't even need to do anything with it), then the file is locked, can't be edited or deleted unless Illustrator is completely shutdown.

Although this is happening on 25 system at my site, I can also confirm its happening on over 100 systems on my companies global sites, and many of our customers who are using the latest versions of Illustraor are having the same issue.. Only customers who are using older versions of Illustrator 25.0 and older are not having the issue.

I really hope this issue can be resolved soon, I personlly like the software but my company is starting to look at alternative software to do what we need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Issue is still persisting on Versions 25.2.1 and 25.2.2

Having to close and reopen illustrator after every conversion from DWG/DXF to Adobe formats, so I can delete the DXF/DWG file.

Having to do this appox 30 times a day every day of the week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still consists with update 25.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines