• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import image to fit box

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am forever wasting huge amounts of time scaling, zooming, enalrging and reducing my artboard when importing or placing an image in illustrator. I use high res photos and when imported or dragged to illustrator, are too large! Then I have to find the corner and drag it smaller to fit a box. There must be a better way to simply inport an image to fit the box right off the bat! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hostzombie,

"Then I have to find the corner and drag it smaller to fit a box."

As I (mis)understand it, you can (more or less) centre the view on the box, then place the photo (preferably linked, unless you need to do unspeakable things to it), then with the centre Reference point ticked in the Transform palette set the W or H value to that of the box and Ctrl/Cmd+Enter which will give you the right size, then (if needed) ClickDrag the photo by one of the corners to snap to the box; Smart Guides are your friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll be happy to help you out. In addition to Jacob's response, I'd request checking out suggestions provided on community thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/importing-an-image-to-fit-artboard/td-p/9170161?page=1 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines