• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import multiple files "EPS" in one window in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi it's about illustrator :   how to import multiple files "EPS" in one Artboard

I mean importing files in one window: NOT opening multiple windows  for every file

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

First off, you should stop using EPS and move to AI.

But to answer your question: it depends on what you want to do.

You can "Place" EPS files into a new document easy enough using File > Place. You can select multiple files at the same time and you can then drop them one by one into the new document. Depending on whether you check/uncheck "Link" in the Place dialog, you will either get just a placed graphic (Link), or editable outlines (not Link).

If that's not what you mean, please explain fur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you should stop using EPS and move to AI.

But to answer your question: it depends on what you want to do.

You can "Place" EPS files into a new document easy enough using File > Place. You can select multiple files at the same time and you can then drop them one by one into the new document. Depending on whether you check/uncheck "Link" in the Place dialog, you will either get just a placed graphic (Link), or editable outlines (not Link).

If that's not what you mean, please explain further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have these files been created in Illustrator?

If so, then they have 2 "forks" in one file: an EPS and an AI. The EPS fork just contains stuff that Illustrator 3 could handle (20 years ago). Everything else, your effects, live objects, brushes, whatever, is outlined to shapes.

The AI part is fully editable in version you specified when saving the file.

So now you Place those EPS files. When you do that, you access the EPS part of the files. So you basically ruin your work. Is that what you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No , I think Brad @ Roaring Mouse  understands me , I want to import in bulk files into the same artboard , He gives me the solution it works now thank you very much @Monika Gause 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines