• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Digimaps to Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was shown a way of saving a pdf from Digimaps and then opening it in Illustrator so that the items in the pdf are editable. In the demo I watched, after opening the pdf, they were able to right-click on the individual items and select the 'release clipping mask' option - but option isn't visible when I right- click. I don't know if I'm saving the Digimap map in the wrong format or doing something wrong when I import it into Illustrator.

I thought that Illustrator would be the best software to use to edit the Digimaps, but perhaps I should use Photoshop or AutoCAD instead?

Any suggestions/tips would be very welcome!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

I'm not familiar with Digimap, but from the name of the product it sounds like it can output only in bitmap format. In order to edit it in Illustrator you would need to save the file in vector format.

Illustrator does have an image trace feature which would allow you to trace the map and convert it to vector, but depending on the map, the results may not be accurate enough for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not familiar with Digimap, but from the name of the product it sounds like it can output only in bitmap format. In order to edit it in Illustrator you would need to save the file in vector format.

Illustrator does have an image trace feature which would allow you to trace the map and convert it to vector, but depending on the map, the results may not be accurate enough for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines