In the Chaos that is 2020 it's good to see some things stay consistent. Like this bug from 2010

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to the very latest version of Illustrator, and it's great to see my old friend is still there. This bug is at least a decade old.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-cs5-rotate-tool-anchor-point-bug/td-p/2932907...

Basically to reproduce: use a wacom tablet. Click on the anchor point, or hold alt while using the rotate or reflect tool. The anchor point is now stuck to your cursor for an indefinite amount of time, and no amount of clicking will do anything. Illustrator is completely unresponsive.

The only solution is to go into preview mode (ctrl/cmd-y) before you set the anchor point, or after it happens sometimes clicking on a window outside Illustrator.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been searching for a resolution as well, seem like this is an age-old problem that Illustrator apparently doesn't know how to fix as it's been going on for a decade. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Using the most recent version of Illustrator, press alt to move the center point to rotate, BUT can't let go of the centerpoint. Only way to get out of it is to close Illustrator. Ugh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines