Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

include linked files

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I want to save my illustrater file with included linked files, but when I press on that button it says an unknown error has occurred and I don't understand why. How can I solve this problem?

//sofia

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your file and/or the linked files on network storage or removable media? This link has some suggestions for troubleshooting:

Illustrator support for networks and removable media

If your file is on your hard drive, you could also try adding the linked content to a CC Library and relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format are your links, are they all 8-bit? Do you have any nested symbols? What are the physical dimensions of the art is this a large scale graphic?

I recommend using .psd format for the linked files. Formats like eps are very outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try moving all the linked files to the same folder as your AI doc? (Close doc, move files, open doc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines