Inconsistent behavior from the Blob Brush tool - Illustrator 24.0.03 & Catalina 10.15.3

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Blob Brush tool will not aways 'blob' with a shape (merge with it) even when all the properties are matching and correct (same color and no fill). I will make a shape with a solid fill and no stroke. I will select the Blog Brush tool to paint over it with the same color and it won't merge with the shape as it should. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have tried turning off GPU to see if that helps, but it doesn't. I have never had this problem before. 

The only thing that I have noticed is that when a shape is first created with no stroke and a solid fill and I immedately use the Blog Brush it seems to work everytime. However, if I have existing shape with a fill and and stroke and turn the stroke off in order to use it with the blob brush tool it is more likely that it won't work (even though the fill color matches with the Blob Brush color). It's as though the Blob Brush tool is still seeing the original shape attributes even though the Properties panel and elsewhere clearly show that the stroke is off. This is not even consistent though. 

System spec and screen grabs are below. 

Thanks. 

Also, I deleted Illustrator Preferences and the behaviour continues. 

Illustrator 24.0.03 

Mac OX Catalina 10.15.3

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 7.13.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 7.13.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 7.13.23 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click on the Blob Brush tool in the toolbar, and in the resulting dialog box deselect Merge Only with Selection.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that. didnt work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are your settings for the blog brush tool? That might be the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines