• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Individual text objects converted to text boxes

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .pdf file, with colomns of text objects.  Each word is an individual object and I need to convert the entire colomn into a single text box.  Is this possible? if so how?  

TOPICS
Scripting , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

When you open a pdf live text remains live but rather than flow as one text chain it will consist of many text insertion points. It is possible to make the text once again become a single text chain. Use the direct selection tool to select all of the text insertions except for the first one and then cut them to the clipboard (Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-X or Edit>Cut). Then using the text tool click your cursor at the end of the single text insertion that you left and use Edit>Paste. You will the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you open a pdf live text remains live but rather than flow as one text chain it will consist of many text insertion points. It is possible to make the text once again become a single text chain. Use the direct selection tool to select all of the text insertions except for the first one and then cut them to the clipboard (Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-X or Edit>Cut). Then using the text tool click your cursor at the end of the single text insertion that you left and use Edit>Paste. You will then have all of the text as a single text thread which will probably be quite long. Use the text tool to select all of this text and then once again cut it to the clipboard. Now use the Area Text tool to draw a container for the text. Click on that selected container with the area text tool and paste the copy into the container. I would suggest checking your now flowing text to make sure that all is correct. I have seen it happen using this technique that there can be some missing spaces between words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines