• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Emojis in Adobe Illustrator

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's incredibly easy to insert Emojis in all Mac OS apps it's incredibly difficult to do so in Adobe Illustrator  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

You should be able to use emoji in Illustrator now. I just type "emoji" in the character field and get something like this. Don't know if it is the same in Windows.

Skærmbillede 2018-05-09 kl. 14.43.00.png

Kind Regards

Karsten

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

You need to create a new text object, delete everything in it, then apply the Emoji font and then use the Glyphs panel for typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you're going to have to explain what you're trying to do in a bit more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<----- I'm trying to type an emoji ---->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator doesn't support those sort of fonts as far as i know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup that's what I thought...

Sketch App supports emojis so I'll export from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use emoji in Illustrator now. I just type "emoji" in the character field and get something like this. Don't know if it is the same in Windows.

Skærmbillede 2018-05-09 kl. 14.43.00.png

Kind Regards

Karsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the EmojiOne font was supplied with CC2018. it should be on both mac and windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Doug+A+Roberts  wrote

the EmojiOne font was supplied with CC2018. it should be on both mac and windows.

I was searching for emojis too. I'm on windows 10. Thanks for telling about this font! Yours should be marked as the solution now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or one could just design desirred emojis... or create new ones.  Even customize them specifically for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the difference in overhead between drawing all custom icons/emoji for a given project, and just using what's already built in? I don't think you do. I don't think you have a firm grasp of the reality of designing in the real world. 

Sure, I could design my own - but why bother?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I love this feature, it would be extremely useful to be able to search emojis by name. The collection is quite large 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can raise the feature request on the Illustrator forum of bugs and feature request.

Here is the link for the forum.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone actually tried typing with that emoji font? As soon as I type, it defaults to sans serif font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The emoji font's characters are mapped differently to a regular font, so if you type an 'a' for instance, that doesn't have an equivalent in the emoji font. Illustrator's response seems to be to revert to the default paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a new text object, delete everything in it, then apply the Emoji font and then use the Glyphs panel for typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this was exatly what I was looking for.  Yes Wikka I had the same problem. Now solved thanks Monika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works! Ps adobe you are a jerk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Whenever I typed in the Apple Emojis nothing showed and it kept going back to the default font. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, et Merci beaucoup Monika ! C'est exactement ce sur quoi je me cassais la tête, et grâce à vous j'ai (nous avons) la solution ! Merci !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What everyone seems to miss in the responses to this (and the question as well since it is quite unclear), and Adobe as well, is that emoji ARE characters.

On a Mac in apps that don't go out of their way to disable it, I can bring up the emoji/symbol picker by pressing cmd+control+space (or on late 2020 macs, the function key) and it will bring up the system emoji picker. I can then type a name to filter them, use arrow keys, and hit enter to insert it. 😩

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 7.37.02 PM.png

This is a feature of the operating system and can be used all over the place. However in Illustrator and Photoshop, when you press cmd+control+space — nothing happens. Likewise if you configure your system so that the function key brings up the emoji picker, if you are in Illustrator or Photoshop and press the function key — nothing happens.

This is so much easier than creating text, changing it to a specific font and using a weird interface to choose characters instead of just typing them as the UTF symbols that they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%

Why does Adobe disable something that handy, and that OS-wide?

Dear Adobe - people use emoji. They are here to stay. Please add them into your UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this @Adobe 
With how ubiquitous creating content for social media is and its use of emojis, would really help to bring them in natively. Finding in the unsearchable glyph panel is a headache– and it's such a pain to google "ios _ emoji transparent" then download an image and import. Not just for illustrator but across the video editors Pr Ae as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post feature requests to https://illustrator.uservoice.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this has been answered at this point already but using the above-mentioned key combination on Mac pressing cmd+control+space on the home screen will bring up the emoji palette. Simply drag the emoji into Illustrator. It doesn't appear to work the same for PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines