Highlighted

Insert Emojis in Adobe Illustrator

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's incredibly easy to insert Emojis in all Mac OS apps it's incredibly difficult to do so in Adobe Illustrator  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should be able to use emoji in Illustrator now. I just type "emoji" in the character field and get something like this. Don't know if it is the same in Windows.

Skærmbillede 2018-05-09 kl. 14.43.00.png

Kind Regards

Karsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Insert Emojis in Adobe Illustrator

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's incredibly easy to insert Emojis in all Mac OS apps it's incredibly difficult to do so in Adobe Illustrator  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should be able to use emoji in Illustrator now. I just type "emoji" in the character field and get something like this. Don't know if it is the same in Windows.

Kind Regards

Karsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you're going to have to explain what you're trying to do in a bit more detail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2017 0
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<----- I'm trying to type an emoji ---->

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2017 0
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator doesn't support those sort of fonts as far as i know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2017 1
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup that's what I thought...

Sketch App supports emojis so I'll export from there

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2017 1
Participant ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind Regards

Karsten

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 4
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the EmojiOne font was supplied with CC2018. it should be on both mac and windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 2
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Doug+A+Roberts  wrote

the EmojiOne font was supplied with CC2018. it should be on both mac and windows.

I was searching for emojis too. I'm on windows 10. Thanks for telling about this font! Yours should be marked as the solution now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 1
Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or one could just design desirred emojis... or create new ones.  Even customize them specifically for your project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I love this feature, it would be extremely useful to be able to search emojis by name. The collection is quite large 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 1
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can raise the feature request on the Illustrator forum of bugs and feature request.

Here is the link for the forum.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone actually tried typing with that emoji font? As soon as I type, it defaults to sans serif font.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The emoji font's characters are mapped differently to a regular font, so if you type an 'a' for instance, that doesn't have an equivalent in the emoji font. Illustrator's response seems to be to revert to the default paragraph style.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a new text object, delete everything in it, then apply the Emoji font and then use the Glyphs panel for typing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0