Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert PDF into Word results in pixelation/blurriness on Windows, but not MacOS

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to place pdf files (created by Adobe Illustrator or elsewhere) into a Microsoft Word document, then on my Macbook Pro Laptop, I can simply drag and drop the file into a word document. This results in a very crisp and high resolution placement of the pdf file in the word document. The image below is a screenshot of a part of the pdf file after placing it into Word on MacOS.

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at f.png

On my Windows PC, however, I cannot drag and drop pdf files into the Word document. This would only result in placing a pdf file icon into the word document. Instead, I need to import the pdfs by clicking on "Insert" tab, then on "Object", and then "Create from File", and then I choose the file via "Browse".  The result is very awful, however. After import into Word, the pdf file looks very pixelated. See part of a screenshot below after importing into Word on Windows 10.

dfg.png

Please advice how I can import pdfs into Word so they get rendered in high quality.

PS: I tried other import formats into Word on Windows incl. SVG, EMF and WMF, but none of them gives a perfect result.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021
Community Expert , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Windows cannot render the preview at full quality as mac does, but should print good. If you need thsi to look good on windows try exporting to the .emf format instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows cannot render the preview at full quality as mac does, but should print good. If you need thsi to look good on windows try exporting to the .emf format instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. When I export in EMF format, the line art looks different (most lines are much thinner than in the original pdf). What about the approach to export as high-resolution rasterized TIF file? It keeps the visual appearance of all objects / line art. I just need to make sure to choose a high enough resolution. Do you think 600 DPI is enough. The purpose of the document is print and electronic distribution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines