• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inside stroke on clipping masked object

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add an inside stroke to this object. All it is is an object clipping masked to a pattern. All it will allow me to do is align the stroke to the center. Inside stroke does nothing. I need the stroke on top of the object as well as the pattern it's clipped to. I've never run into a problem like this and I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is. Any help would save my life. 

1975aeb0e7059327bccb9293962811df.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that a clipping path can only have a center-aligned stroke. A solution is to select the clipping path (in the Layers panel, or click with the Group Selection Tool, or opt/alt-click with the Direct Selection Tool), copy and paste in front, and apply the desired stroke attributes.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply

I did try that and the fact that some of the edges of the object in the back were every so slightly poking out from the sides. I don't know if this bothers anyone else but I definitely notice it.

5e02abb49fbdcac4533a6bb6cdc4d712.png

Have any idea how to remedy this? Stroke has to stay the same. Maybe use divide in pathfinder? Anyways if you dont know thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably just an antialiasing issue.

But it might print in some specific circumstances and it also might get exported to raster formats. Make the clipping mask slightly smaller (Offset path function).

You could also apply a white stroke to it if that does not collide with your workflow and situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines