• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Illustrator CS4 in a new computer

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Adobe Illustrator CS4 (Windows,English) in 2009 but I'm still using it without any problems. Now I need to install it in a new computer and I don't have access to the download link in my account.

I also cannot deactivate the current installation on the old computer: I get the error message "We were unable to connectto Adobe".

I would very much appreciate your help on the above issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

You just need to view them?

A lot of AI files have a PDF of the file embedded, so you can view them in Acrobat (the free version)

Other PDF viewer might work, but are not reliable to show the file in the way it was intended to be.

Since CS4 is quite an old version, a lot of files wouldn't open in it anyway and you were seeing the PDF part already.

You could try and contact support. You need a proof of purchase. And then ask for the download. Maybe they will provide it to you. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably not be able to install it on a new (current) operating system. Or run it in one.

So leave it as it is and just continue to run it on the old computer, but don't change anything.

If you have bought it in the Adobe online store, then perhaps maybe (big maybe) you might be able to still get the installers. Otherwise: no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I bought it in the Adobe online store but I don't see it anymore in my purchases' history. So, I guess I will loose it.

Do you know a free Adobe Illustrator viewer? I only used Illustrator to view files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just need to view them?

A lot of AI files have a PDF of the file embedded, so you can view them in Acrobat (the free version)

Other PDF viewer might work, but are not reliable to show the file in the way it was intended to be.

Since CS4 is quite an old version, a lot of files wouldn't open in it anyway and you were seeing the PDF part already.

You could try and contact support. You need a proof of purchase. And then ask for the download. Maybe they will provide it to you. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines