• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Introducing: Insert Page Numbers v 2

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, back by popular demand, here's version 2. It now has options for inserting Date, Time, Full Name, and Document Name.

tip: you don't have to click on the "insert" buttons, you can type directly in the input box, for example, type:

Page *page* of *pages* to get Page 1 of 3

insertPageNumbersv2.png

download

questions/comments? let me know

enjoy,

CarlosCanto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me, I get this error:

Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 11.42.09 AM.png

I'm on a Mac running CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to follow your uinstructions, but there is no folder called Page Numbering and the download only includes one file?

Help!!

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to make the folder yourself, or just drop it here Applications --> Adobe Illustrator --> Scripting

correct, the download has 1 file only, that's all you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, are amazing awesome.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 1 question here. I'd like to know how do I add pagination to my work, which has 8 artboards? Since this script only add pagination from 1-100, i couldn't find any solution to allow the script to add page 100 and above. I believe I just need to modify a thing or two in the script but i'm totally noob when it comes to computer language LOL. Pls help.

EDIT: Oh never mind. It turns out that it was quite easy to indentify which part I should modify to add page 100 and above. Problem Solved.

Message was edited by: farleonhart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlos, congratulations for the great work !! I

try to ask a question and I am attaching a picture.

Do you think i can enter the file name and the date on a identification form like the one in the picture, where you see filename dates field?
thank you !!!!!!

mask.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you would have to make a function to position *Filename* and an other one to position *Date*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could be done, the script needs to be reworked or probably a new one with that functionality would be a better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carlos!!!

Can you help me to do this?!!!!!!

I do not know scripting !!!!

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, it works perfectly in CC 2014.

Having it create a unique layer for the numbering is brilliant! It makes it dead-simple to select, move and format them all at the same time.

Many, many thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Script Carlos! I use it to quickly label pages with different designs for presentation. Saves tons of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great script, many thanks!

Question: can somebody help what part of the script controls page number/text font size, color & type or how I could add it to the script? Or point me to some good tutorials how to learn to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, look here for info on to get started with illustrator scripting

Illustrator Scripting | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is amazing! thank you! I have a question, and sorry if it has been asked before... can you select which page number you would like it to start from. I have split my document into many files, as it's huge and i don't want to have to wait so long to save it each time, so e.g.  I need the second file to start from page 15, the third file to start from 25 etc
No worries if not.
Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it's possible. I'll add that functionality as soon as I have a chance.

stay tuned,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great script! Thank you so much!

I have some question: how can I change the color of text? Sometimes I got a dark background and I need light text on it! and how can I change the size of the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THose are just default text objects. Style them to your desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this great script!

I'm wondering two things though.

1. Is it possible to change the script so I can decide different X and Y coordinates for the placement?

2. Is it possible to change the font size of the text? (I would still like to keep my Illustrator default font size)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/Kind regards, Fredrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the answer to 1 by editing this line:

var fontSize = itext.textRange.characterAttributes.size = 5;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found a bit of an alternative solution for the 2nd one as well by experimenting and editing the row below:

var abright = iartBounds[2]-margins+120;

I believe writing as I did (fe 120) it sets it off by 120 pts. Not sure, but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos. First of all, your work is great.

I´m making a limited edition "secret things", and i´m searching for a feature to number automatically a limited edition badges.So, will be great if you can choose between "1 / 200" and "001 / 200" formats, filling with 0 on the left, and if you can choose to start in 0, or in 101...

Great job again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi niord, it sounds doable. I'll get to it as soon as I have a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos, I just discovered your script and it's amazing.

I have a little bit of experience coding myself so I've made modifications to it, but the one thing I can't figure out is editing the text. I've seen a bunch of people before ask to be able to modify font, color and size. I understand that you could just select the text boxes after generating them and style them the way you want, but for me I only need one thing.

Instead of the generic text being RGB, I need to default it to the "registration" color. I'm not seeing the string in the script that would allow me to modify that, probably because it's easier just to have it default-- Can you offer any guidance as to how I could modify your script to make the default text color [Registration]? Thank you in advance!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colton, find the following two lines in the script

var fontSize = itext.textRange.characterAttributes.size;

var activeAB = idoc.artboards;

then insert this line in between the two lines above, to end up like this

var fontSize = itext.textRange.characterAttributes.size;

itext.textRange.fillColor = idoc.swatches['[Registration]'].color;

var activeAB = idoc.artboards;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Amazing! Truly service with a smile to keep maintaining such a helpful script!

Do you have a webpage or donation page so I can show a little appreciation for your services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines