• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Illustrator broken?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last couple of versions have become worse and worse... The program has become unstable and doesn't hold onto locations of files. Regularily crashes while opening or saving files. I keep having to reinstall the program to get it running again and now it doesn't open home to dsiplay recent files. Program is slow and unresponsive and it gets worse with every update. I'm on 25.2.1

No specific issues just speaking on the state of the program. I am honestly thinking of trying to roll it back to whatever we had 2 years ago. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it crashes on save and open, please check your printer. Illustrator is looking for a printer when saving or opening files. If it can't find one, it will act funky.

Do you have the browser Chrome running parallel to Illustrator? It eats memomry for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so you might want to use a different browser.

As for the files: where do you save them? If on a network, try local.

And you might want to disable "Save in background" in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No printer, I'm running enough to handle chrome parallel although I've tried it both ways and still have issues. Files are local, save in background is off.

This really is just feedback, I didn't have these problems just a few versions back... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For bug reports please post to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

The forum is at least 95% not staff. So it is usually assumed that you want to solve an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines