• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to change all anchor points into smooth at once?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi room! I try to select all anchor points and turn them either into smooth or corners at once, but I when I select all anchor points, the control panel option related to changing anchors disappears. The option appears only if select few anchors not all. Is there a solution to that? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Illustrator makes no difference between "all points seleceted" and "object selected".

You need to select all but one. Then run the conversion. And after that select the other point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator makes no difference between "all points seleceted" and "object selected".

You need to select all but one. Then run the conversion. And after that select the other point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and Monika's suggestion worked for me... thanks for the tip!

Quick note if anyone else has the same problem... for me, Ai seemed to struggle converting a mix of round/sharp to only sharp. So, I had to trick it by first setting everything to round and THEN it'd let me make them all sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options "Convert: " does not even show up in the UI when a path is selected. It only shows up if an anchor point is selected.

I tried working around around by selecting all anchor points using the white arrow and draging a rectangle. Unfortunately that selects the path again.

I don't see any other way than painfully select all anchor points one by one or buy expensive addons. Another example of the terrible UX Adobe Illustrator has to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the answer by Monika above. Select all and deselect one anchor point with the direct selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a third party plug-in to performance this action:

This is my recommendation > VectorScribe v3 - Astute Graphics

Check this video: Show, Select and Edit Multiple Handles in Illustrator | ep.3.1.1 | VECTORSCRIBE v3 - YouTube

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines