Is it possible to change all anchor points into smooth at once?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi room! I try to select all anchor points and turn them either into smooth or corners at once, but I when I select all anchor points, the control panel option related to changing anchors disappears. The option appears only if select few anchors not all. Is there a solution to that? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator makes no difference between "all points seleceted" and "object selected".

You need to select all but one. Then run the conversion. And after that select the other point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and Monika's suggestion worked for me... thanks for the tip!

Quick note if anyone else has the same problem... for me, Ai seemed to struggle converting a mix of round/sharp to only sharp. So, I had to trick it by first setting everything to round and THEN it'd let me make them all sharp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this tip! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a third party plug-in to performance this action:

This is my recommendation > VectorScribe v3 - Astute Graphics

Check this video: Show, Select and Edit Multiple Handles in Illustrator | ep.3.1.1 | VECTORSCRIBE v3 - YouTube

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines