Highlighted

Is it possible to convert all anchor points in a document to corner points?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert all the anchor points in my file to corner points. My file is something that I used Image Trace to create. The image was all angular and had no smooth corners or points. I know how to convert smooth anchors to corners, but I have hundreds of anchors to convert and I would like to be able to do this quickly. Thanks in advance!

Mac OS 10.14

Illustrator 2020

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to convert all anchor points in a document to corner points?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert all the anchor points in my file to corner points. My file is something that I used Image Trace to create. The image was all angular and had no smooth corners or points. I know how to convert smooth anchors to corners, but I have hundreds of anchors to convert and I would like to be able to do this quickly. Thanks in advance!

Mac OS 10.14

Illustrator 2020

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's hard to say how to change all the points together after tracing, but you can set the needed mode before it.

Go to Window > Image Trace and in Advanced section set Corners as 100%.
You can also tweak a bit Paths and Noise, but Corners is the main thing for your case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select All, then with Direct Selection Tool shift-click to deselect one anchor point. Click Convert selected anchor points to corner button. Direct select the previously deselected point and convert it.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Resources