Highlighted

Is Nvidia GeForce MX350 compatible with Adobe Illustrator?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am considering buying a new laptop that costs up to 1000 USD. I use illustrator mostly for scientific illustrations and to make posters and presentations for conferences, so I am not a professional user and mostly 2d is fine for me. However, a couple of times I really needed to make 3d illustration and I couldn't. As I understand 3d requires a dedicated GPU. I found a page with recommended GPUs by adobe (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html), but some of them are actually integrated cards. So, it confuses me a bit. Also, Nvidia released a new dedicated card this year - GeForce MX350, which has 2/4 Gb of VRAM. And I found a laptop which is quite fine for me (https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/asus-zenbook-14-um433iq-a5024t-ryzen-5-4500u-3556cm-14zoll-fhd-m...) it has a very good CPU, 8Gb of RAM and 2Gb of VRAM. Reviews say that its good for gaming but no one mentioned if it is possible to work with 3d objects with this card (even if the process is slow, it's still fine, I don't need it every day). I have a feeling that it won't work at all, but maybe you have any experience or suggestions? Also, maybe you can suggest a suitable laptop (with GPU that allows to work with 3d and cost up to 1000USD) if it exists? 

Thanks in advance:)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. NVIDIA GeForce MX350 supports the OpenGL 4.0 which is the GPU requirement for the Adobe Illustrator. You should have no issues while using this graphics card. Also, I'd recommend going for the 16GB of memory instead of 8GB as mentioned in the help article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Nvidia GeForce MX350 compatible with Adobe Illustrator?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am considering buying a new laptop that costs up to 1000 USD. I use illustrator mostly for scientific illustrations and to make posters and presentations for conferences, so I am not a professional user and mostly 2d is fine for me. However, a couple of times I really needed to make 3d illustration and I couldn't. As I understand 3d requires a dedicated GPU. I found a page with recommended GPUs by adobe (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html), but some of them are actually integrated cards. So, it confuses me a bit. Also, Nvidia released a new dedicated card this year - GeForce MX350, which has 2/4 Gb of VRAM. And I found a laptop which is quite fine for me (https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/asus-zenbook-14-um433iq-a5024t-ryzen-5-4500u-3556cm-14zoll-fhd-m...) it has a very good CPU, 8Gb of RAM and 2Gb of VRAM. Reviews say that its good for gaming but no one mentioned if it is possible to work with 3d objects with this card (even if the process is slow, it's still fine, I don't need it every day). I have a feeling that it won't work at all, but maybe you have any experience or suggestions? Also, maybe you can suggest a suitable laptop (with GPU that allows to work with 3d and cost up to 1000USD) if it exists? 

Thanks in advance:)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. NVIDIA GeForce MX350 supports the OpenGL 4.0 which is the GPU requirement for the Adobe Illustrator. You should have no issues while using this graphics card. Also, I'd recommend going for the 16GB of memory instead of 8GB as mentioned in the help article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Resources