Is possible to modify a dynamic symbol maintaining each symbol istance different particular color?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a dynamic symbol
I've changed colors of some of the dynamic symbol istances
I want to modify the dynamic symbol main definition but maintaining each of its istances already in place different colors.
Is this something feasible in illustrator?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas.

The answer is Yes.

But keep in mind that if the symbol has several objects, you cannot delete the object you changed earlier.

Check this quick video >> Dynamic Symbols 

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlos,
thanks for the reply
actually in my workflow I've 'to update' the symbol istances by totally replacing them with other artworks.
I don't know if I'm using the right functionality to do this but this is what I'm trying to do:
- I've an .ai file where I'm using a set of symbols as icons of an app UI I'm mockupping
- In my work flow I've to export different version of that app UI changing those icons
- Currently to do this I'm modifying symbols definitions by deleting the old ones completly and copy\pasting the new ones
- Doing this I'm losing the colors attribution I've done before for such symbols
Am I doing something wrong ?
There's maybe another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines