• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is RGB photo CMYK in a CMYK document?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew something in Adobe sketch on my iPad in RGB. Then, I put it into a CMYK document on illustrator. Is my RGB photo now CMYK once it's embedded? Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Yes, if you are working in a CMYK document, you have changed the color profile of what is within that document. You might notice that if you have very bright colors, for example, they now look a little duller. What is the ultimate destination of your document? If you are keeping it digital, then use an RGB document and un-embed, the photo will revert to RGB and you can embed again if need be. If you are printing, it will be CMYK anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you are working in a CMYK document, you have changed the color profile of what is within that document. You might notice that if you have very bright colors, for example, they now look a little duller. What is the ultimate destination of your document? If you are keeping it digital, then use an RGB document and un-embed, the photo will revert to RGB and you can embed again if need be. If you are printing, it will be CMYK anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! I'm using it for print, so I'll keep it in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines