• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH on those new NUCs supported

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking of getting one of those NUCs i7-8809G and integrated/discrete AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH.

Would AI pick up this graphics card and use to to speed up rendering?

Thanks - Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find the system specs here: Adobe Illustrator system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

thanks - I did read those required specs before I posted my question and I know this card is not included, but there was also the statement that I found more embracing that AI would use a card that supports OpenGL and the specs probably do not list each and any card that might work.

So, my intention was to find out if there might have been somebody out there who tried that card and can give a definite answer, yes or now.

Still hoping for a positive answer  🙂

Cheers,

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend using a card that's not on the list. Illustrator is so picky about graphic cards anyway.

But of course you might wait if someone has tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes a lot of sense.

I am looking at a new machine (a NUC) with that CPU/GPU because it's such a nifty system that fits all my other requirements. I only ran into slow-downs with my current laptop because I am trying to edit a 5x8 feet poster and rendering takes forever without a dedicated graphics card.

If I could only find a method to work on that document in a way that does not require repeated re-rendering, you know like as a wireframe in 3D applications....

Cheers,

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, system and system specs are we talking about?

How is your document organized?

You could use layers and always hide things you don't need (like when you're editing the typography, hide the background image or even all images)

Also: when applying effects: did you group all the object and then apply one effect to all of them? In that case when you change some effects setting, the complete artwork will be updated.

It's the small things that might make a change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika!
this is very helpful and I will implement those things.

I can't help wondering if there is a setting in AI that would allow me to render only for the preview. I mean, I look at this on my computer with 2 million pixels - that should not be so calculation intensive as would be the rendering for the full 5 by 8 feet.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have a laptop with AMD Radeon RX 540 X and Illustrator does not detect it, I have suffered a lot because I cannot find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines