Highlighted

Is there a way of parenting?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first Adobe program I got my self was after effects and now I'm more in to illustrator. Doing that means learning a lot as well as missing some aspects. For example I was trying to make a logo that was chromatically aberrated, in AE I'd make the thing then set 3 object's (who's path is parented to the first object) position to the 3 points of an equilateral triangle and then set them to be RGB (or CMY). This means I could change the logo and the whole thing would adjust, I could scale the triangle if I wanted each color more or less out of phase, or rotate the triangle to try the three colors in different positions.

Is there any way to do anything at all similar in illustrator? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way of parenting?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first Adobe program I got my self was after effects and now I'm more in to illustrator. Doing that means learning a lot as well as missing some aspects. For example I was trying to make a logo that was chromatically aberrated, in AE I'd make the thing then set 3 object's (who's path is parented to the first object) position to the 3 points of an equilateral triangle and then set them to be RGB (or CMY). This means I could change the logo and the whole thing would adjust, I could scale the triangle if I wanted each color more or less out of phase, or rotate the triangle to try the three colors in different positions.

Is there any way to do anything at all similar in illustrator? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you maybe show something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have figured out that Layers in Ai are different form Layers in Ae. 

The "Layers" in Ai are more like Precomps (of paths).

But there isn't a dynamic parenting between the elements within separate Layers in Ai like there is in Ae.

But you could apply the same transformation ("transform again") to similarly designed parts of your separate objects in each layer (if that makes sense)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Resources