• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to convert a multi color logo to just white/outline?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out a way to convert a logo to all white/outline rather than just gray scale? So, almost like what would be seen on frosted glass or a cutout. (I am hoping that makes sense) End of the day, wanting to use it for a tee shirt. I tried changing color, but I ended up with a big white blob. Any help (for newb) would be greatly appreciated. Maggies LogoRevise.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

I'd work in a visible spot colour initially, rather than white. The printer might require a spot colour anyway, but that's a question for them.

First thing to do is work out which bits you want to be transparent. I would use shape builder: alt-click on areas that need to be (such as the text). Then change the colour of the other areas to your single spot colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd work in a visible spot colour initially, rather than white. The printer might require a spot colour anyway, but that's a question for them.

First thing to do is work out which bits you want to be transparent. I would use shape builder: alt-click on areas that need to be (such as the text). Then change the colour of the other areas to your single spot colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines