• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to enter the transform panel without clicking?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very frequently need to adjust the size of objects a specific amount, rounding them up or down to a 1/1000" instead of a 1/10000" size. Is there a way to get into the transform panel, or the control bar at the top without a click? I spend a lot of time doing this and a keyboard shortcut would help immensely.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

I have shared it there, thanks.

Enter the transform panel with a keyboard shortcut 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment.

There is a default shortcut to enter the Character palette, so basically it can be done. But that won't help you, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cannot think of any trick to get your cursor into the width or height of transform panel using a key command or action. Best you can do is Shift F8 to bring transform panel to front, click to enter, then tab to get around and cursor up or down to change value (which the presets using shift & option are all very large compared to what you need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is precisely the click that is the problem. I already have panels opened in my workspace, Transform being one of them. I need to simply adjust the size parameters of an object without having to click in a box. That sounds remarkably obvious, to me. Why it isn't possible is far less obvious. A modal dialog box would suffice, as long as there is a way to access it with a shortcut. Please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Kurt & Mike. I'll pass on your feedback to the product team. You may also share this on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice. This forum is monitored by product team and they'll be looking into it for future releases. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared it there, thanks.

Enter the transform panel with a keyboard shortcut 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shared it there yesterday, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines