• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make a global color swatch transparent?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to apply transparency to every instance of a particular color in my work. I can change the color throughout the entire document by changing the global color swatch, but is there a way to also change its transparency?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

No, but you can create and apply Graphic Styles of the color and transparency you want, to fills, strokes, or both. If the graphic styles are based on global swatches you can change the color of everything at once without affecting the transparency, and you can change the color and/or transparency by opt/alt-dragging a path with the new attributes on top of the previous one in the Graphic Styles panel.

Sorry, I'm not explaining this well — it's late, and I'm getting foggy. Go to the Illustrato

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, but you can create and apply Graphic Styles of the color and transparency you want, to fills, strokes, or both. If the graphic styles are based on global swatches you can change the color of everything at once without affecting the transparency, and you can change the color and/or transparency by opt/alt-dragging a path with the new attributes on top of the previous one in the Graphic Styles panel.

Sorry, I'm not explaining this well — it's late, and I'm getting foggy. Go to the Illustrator Help files and read about Graphic Styles, if you're not familiar with them.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines