Highlighted

Is there a way to make smart guides work on path stroke outside?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing letters and I am trying to align strokes together without expanding them.

Lets say I do a verical line, and I made a guide on the lower point of the path, then I do another path that is nect to it and its horizontal, now I want the lower part of the horizontal path to alight to the lower anchor point of the path next to it, is there an easy way to do that?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

moee,

Depending on the nature of the artwork, including a possible follow up with simple joining, for vertical/horizontal lines it may be convenient to apply Projecting Cap and just work on/align by the spines and have coinciding Anchor Points for joining.

Or just (too) silly.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to make smart guides work on path stroke outside?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing letters and I am trying to align strokes together without expanding them.

Lets say I do a verical line, and I made a guide on the lower point of the path, then I do another path that is nect to it and its horizontal, now I want the lower part of the horizontal path to alight to the lower anchor point of the path next to it, is there an easy way to do that?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

moee,

Depending on the nature of the artwork, including a possible follow up with simple joining, for vertical/horizontal lines it may be convenient to apply Projecting Cap and just work on/align by the spines and have coinciding Anchor Points for joining.

Or just (too) silly.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Align palette flyout menu, you can turn on Use Preview Bounds.

Then you can align with the Align palette as desired.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @moee94184931,

if I understand you right - here is an older video for aligning selected anchor points:

https://vimeo.com/261901416

(The line as helpers object should be not necessary in your case)

align selected anchor points in AI

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moee,

Or just (too) silly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines