• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there is any tool to which can apply changes while copying the specified object?

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know is there is any tool in Adobe Illustrator by which we can make changes while copy the object then by pressing ctrl + D it applies changes again and again. Change such as increasing the size of the selected object. To give much clear context I am making Wi-Fi Signal symbol. I have created the 1 bar now I want to make the copy of that bar and increase the size horizontally automatically. I know I can manually make the copy then can adjust the point. But I am looking for automatic tool. Below is the image for clarification:

Capture.PNG

 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Sounds like you are looking for "Transform again"

https://helpx.adobe.com/bg/illustrator/using/transforming-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

As I said: Transform again.

For the wifi symbol:

Set the transformation origin into the centre, then scale the object while making a copy.

Use the scale tool for it.

Then Transform again.

Will only work when the first arch is not a shape, but just an arch with a fat stroke.

And you must turn off scale strokes in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are looking for "Transform again"

https://helpx.adobe.com/bg/illustrator/using/transforming-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform panel does the 80 percent job which I am looking for. However, it does not make the copy of the object. For example like I want to make the copy of the Wi-Fi signal in Y Axis which will horizontally wide. I can make the copy and place to it respected area then apply transform on it but I want to know can I make the copy of the object in transform tool also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said: Transform again.

For the wifi symbol:

Set the transformation origin into the centre, then scale the object while making a copy.

Use the scale tool for it.

Then Transform again.

Will only work when the first arch is not a shape, but just an arch with a fat stroke.

And you must turn off scale strokes in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines