• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue every time i enter illustrator - selection tool becomes direct selection, type becomes line

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time i enter illustrato, even after making this change every time it opens, it defaults to a wacky toolbar setting i dont understand.  talking about my main toolbar on the left.

though i never change it to this setting, it seems that every time i close and re-enter the program:

my selection tool defaults to "direct selection tool" 

and my type tool defaults to "line segment tool"

I almost never use direct selection tool or line segment tool, but use selection tool and type tool every time i open the application, which is constantly.  for over a year i've put off this ask, because it's a lot of labor to expend for what only takes me 30 secodns each time, but now im adding up my 30 seconds and realizing its a lot.  help!

thanks!

steve

using most recent updated version of CC of course.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Did you try to reset the Toolbar?

Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the toolbar and choose Reset from the flyout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reset the Toolbar?

Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the toolbar and choose Reset from the flyout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gangster !  that worked to re-categorize all the tools.  lemme enter and exit the program a few times to see if that other issue is resolved too.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

appears to have worked!  thanks Ton_Frederiks

-Stephen Carpineta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now that i look around, it seems the issue is even deeper than my initial thought:

looks like line segment and type shouldnt be in the same subgroup?  but they are?

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 5.02.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-11 at 5.02.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Tom.

-Steve Carpineta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines