Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue on colouring SVG Font on new Document

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an issue on trying to add colour on a SVG Font on Illustrator 25.3.

Normally, to do that, I design a coloured rectangle shape behing the copy, I select both and using the Transparency tool, I create a mask ticking the reverse option. This turn the black copy into the choose colour.

The anomaly happen on a NEW artwork only as if I repeat the above on an exting artwork, it works perfectly.

Visually I can see each of the letters converted into a coloures rectangles (see picture).Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 09.31.23.png

SO, why I cannot do the same on a new .ai document?

Many thanks

Marino

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a pixel based font.

What happens if you apply the Effect > Rasterize to the text object and then apply it as an opacity mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! I aiming to keep the font "live" so I can re-type it if I need it.

In addition to the above, I have just discovered  when I save it as PDF, the script there is showed correctly. So, it seeme more a visualisation issue may related to the latest Illustration version.

Again, if I open an old/recent artwork the same font looks correct! So, using the existing SVG font on those artwork,  I have even tried to reverse it from the "Inverted Mask" and back again... no prob at all! Odd.

Thanks, again.

Marino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you could also try if View > Preview on CPU shows the correct version.

The Rasterize effect will keep the thing editable btw. That's the purpose of an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines