• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue / Question with dynamic symbols

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a dynamic symbol, and placed it in a file. The original is black. I am changing this instance of the symbol to white, and there is an outline showing up. I'm not sure how to remove this, as I don't have any outlines on the original, and the stroke is marked as nill. There are no other layers visible currently. Black.pngWhite.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

tromboniator_0-1600424511606.png

There's no need for a stroke to explain it, it's just a matter of not correctly understanding and using the dynamism of the symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to replicate this behavior. Could you please go through the process, exactly, by which you created the symbol and how you changed its color? I'm not suggesting you did anything weird, I'd just like to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I had a design made previously and I went to the Symbol Panel, and clicked on the New Symbol button. I changed the Export Type to Graphic, and left the Symbol Type as Dynamic Symbol. I did not check the box to Enable Guides for 9-Slice Scaling. The design I had is originally black. Once I place an instance of the symbol, I click on it, open the Appearance Panel, and click the Add New Fill button. From there, I chose the color white. I tried other lighter colors, and the outline remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make the original design white before I turn it into a symbol, there is no outline. But there must be something I'm doing wrong or some issue; I can't imagine it's supposed to be like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your original post my understanding is that you want to change the color of the instance of the symbol that's on the artboard, and not the symbol itself. In that case, just select the symbol (or the path within the Symbol that you want to change) with the Direct Selection Tool (white arrow) and then select the color you want. This process changes the color, so there's no outline; adding a fill through the Appearance panel piles another color on, and generates the screen appearance of the outline.

Peter

Edit: Just so we're clear, the ability to easily change the color this way is the "dynamic" part of Dynamic Symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the file. Are you sure the original symbol doesn't have a stroke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tromboniator_0-1600424511606.png

There's no need for a stroke to explain it, it's just a matter of not correctly understanding and using the dynamism of the symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines