• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with outlined text in Illustrator - help!

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have occasionally run into an issue when converting text to outlines. Please see images below. When I conver my text to outlines (see image 1, viewed in outline mode), everything looks fine, however, when I view it in regular mode (image 2), the fill color does not follow the outlines. See how it looks like the top of the white T and E are missing against the red background? It's happened on mulitple occastions with different fonts-to-outlines, and it persists even when I copy-paste, open as new files, or move the objects to different areas on the artboard. What can I do to remedy this?

Image 1: 

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.59.10 AM.png

Image 2:

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.58.57 AM.png

  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Try to toggle: Preview on CPU [Ctrl]+[E]

If that not helps: Are you sure that all paths are closed? Attribut-Panel helps you to check this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to toggle: Preview on CPU [Ctrl]+[E]

If that not helps: Are you sure that all paths are closed? Attribut-Panel helps you to check this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the Preview on CPU worked! Thank you! I wish I know more about what that means or why, but I'm more artsy than techy. 😉 I appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines