Highlighted

Issue with shapes in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with shapes. When I put for example white shape on red, then i see a thin red "stroke" around white. The lines in outline prewiev are fit perfectly. On printed page also appears.

Thanks for help.

Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with shapes in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with shapes. When I put for example white shape on red, then i see a thin red "stroke" around white. The lines in outline prewiev are fit perfectly. On printed page also appears.

Thanks for help.

Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do? Can't you just use the Shapebuilder tool to delete the white rectangle? Is there a reacson that it is sitting on top? In outline view, you will only see the path and so they may indeed be aligned, but if the stroke is thicker, for example on the red box, you might see the red halo effect that you see here it the stroke on the white one is thinner or if there is no stroke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if they are aligned exactly, Anti-aliasing might cause this. And while it usually doesn't print in offset printing, it might get printed by inkjets. And it often cariies over when exporting raster file formats.

See michelew's answer about using the shapebuilder tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, we'd request sharing the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0