Highlighted

Issue with taking psd to illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to start with I know all about the objects and such things to bringing over the standard files. I want to bring over my psd and save as many effects as possible. I have to convert this over for my xd files. So I am trying to take the effects from photoshop I made and the images I did in there. 

I don't want to just use the effects of xd or in illustrator, just seeing if there is a way even making it like a mesh to keep the effects I put on top. 

I just keep trying eps, files, svg, it's just from the psd to svg you don't have the vector and if I vector straight out from a svg file its just losing my effects... 😞 

Photoshop and I have a dirty and unhealthy relationship, but I just can't leave her. She might be broken in many ways, alittle fuzzy on the edges, but she does easy with out much hassle. 

As my current affairs with Xd have just been so basic, sure there is complexity and some cool times.

Illustrator is just her way or no way. It's gotten rather abusive at this point. Things always gotta be perfect. 

I am sure many of you can relate, don't judge... I am a graphic ui/ux mind. I can almost recall what sunlight feels like.  

Stay safe everyone thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop has some vector tools but it isn't a vector design app. If you want a vector SVG don't involve Photoshop. Those great effects you see and want? Raster effects. If they could be made with vectors, Illustrator would do it.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with taking psd to illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to start with I know all about the objects and such things to bringing over the standard files. I want to bring over my psd and save as many effects as possible. I have to convert this over for my xd files. So I am trying to take the effects from photoshop I made and the images I did in there. 

I don't want to just use the effects of xd or in illustrator, just seeing if there is a way even making it like a mesh to keep the effects I put on top. 

I just keep trying eps, files, svg, it's just from the psd to svg you don't have the vector and if I vector straight out from a svg file its just losing my effects... 😞 

Photoshop and I have a dirty and unhealthy relationship, but I just can't leave her. She might be broken in many ways, alittle fuzzy on the edges, but she does easy with out much hassle. 

As my current affairs with Xd have just been so basic, sure there is complexity and some cool times.

Illustrator is just her way or no way. It's gotten rather abusive at this point. Things always gotta be perfect. 

I am sure many of you can relate, don't judge... I am a graphic ui/ux mind. I can almost recall what sunlight feels like.  

Stay safe everyone thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop has some vector tools but it isn't a vector design app. If you want a vector SVG don't involve Photoshop. Those great effects you see and want? Raster effects. If they could be made with vectors, Illustrator would do it.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0