• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with using blending tool expand

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to create a color matrix using the blending tool like in this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQO1Q-Q4DAo

I have followed step by step every instruction but when I go to expand the blend tool forms an hour glass shape when I am looking to create a full square of different colors.  I have retired this several times to make sure everything is highlighted and still no difference.  I even closed adobe and restarted my computer with no luck.  Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

the corresponding objects need to be at corresponding positions.

Soyou have the top one stacked from bottom up (left to right) then the bottom one needs to be stacked in the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us your document. Screenshots of the artwork and the layers panel (contents of the layers)

Please do also tell us how large the objects are, how many there are and how many steps in the blend.

And then: which version of Illustrator?

Which system?

Which hardware, especially how much RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most recent verison of Illustrator and I installed and reinstalled.  I am using ios and 4gigs of RAM.  The image I am using is 7" x 7".  

The first image is how I started off creating color squares in the all 4 corners.  Then I used the blend tool to fill in the top and the bottem which is image 2.  In image two I am trying to use expand to fill in the rest of the boxes but it comes out as image three.  Image 4 is how it should have looked using the blend tool.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 6.28.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-05 at 6.21.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-05 at 6.21.30 PM.pngColorMatrixManual.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you.

That looks like the wrong stacking order.

In both of your groups (top and bottom), the same object should be at the top, the bottom and the in-between.

4 GB of RAM is not that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by stacking issue?

The same colors cannot be at the top and bottom or else there will not be a
color variation in the matrix.

How can I correct this issue to get the a full color matrix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the corresponding objects need to be at corresponding positions.

Soyou have the top one stacked from bottom up (left to right) then the bottom one needs to be stacked in the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines