• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues making a small .JPG 320x50

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance for your time! I am trying to make a 320x50 .jpg for an online promotion, I assume this will be used as a banner. Although my project looks great in Illustrator, I am having extreme issues with my render. If the file is the correct size, it looks terrible, if it looks correct, it is way too big. I have tried re-sizing the large .jpg with multiple tools and it always comes out fuzzy and pixelated. I have even tried to re create my piece in spark and photoshop. Is it just impossible to get the level of detail I want in this size or am I missing something? Also the files are shockingly small, around 600kb. 

 

This is crystal clear as a .png or a large .jpg, but as soon as I get to 320x50 I run into this no matter what I try.

USA T. 420 01.jpgThanks again! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

It is impossible to get this kind of detail, there are just not enough pixels to render the small text.

And jpeg compression is not making it any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Ton is completely right.

There is only about one Pixel in the height for the small letters on the right. Think of a Pixel as a solid coloured square and try to draw a readable letter on a piece of paper with just one square: impossible.
You have to redesign the banner and also get rid of a lot of the text.
If you are a print-guy: Forget about dpi etc., in the web-world there are just pixels.
By the way: 600 KB are shockingly BIG for a small web-banner. Exported as gif or png8 (i think you don´t need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to get this kind of detail, there are just not enough pixels to render the small text.

And jpeg compression is not making it any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton is completely right.

There is only about one Pixel in the height for the small letters on the right. Think of a Pixel as a solid coloured square and try to draw a readable letter on a piece of paper with just one square: impossible.
You have to redesign the banner and also get rid of a lot of the text.
If you are a print-guy: Forget about dpi etc., in the web-world there are just pixels.
By the way: 600 KB are shockingly BIG for a small web-banner. Exported as gif or png8 (i think you don´t need transparency) with just 64 or 128 colors and diffusion dither, the size could be not more than 15 KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines