• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with the 3D tool - cone

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i'm having some issues with the rotate and revolve tool. I'm trying to create a cone, but the bottom face makes it look like the cone is facing upwards, but I want it to look like it's pointing downwards so that the bottom face is hidden. I can't seem to rotate the object in any orientation, it always faces up.

Then the second issues is around rotating the cone two-dimensionally, on its side. You can prob see that I'm trying to turn the cone on its side but it ends up making a totally new object. Like ??? I just want the cone to rotate sideways.

I've attached an image to show what I'm talking about, thx!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use that cude in the 3D effects dialog box to rotate your object in space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you found your answer.
We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you can share it with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

I'd also recommend checking out this help article to know about creating 3D objects in Illustrator.
Let us know if you have any other question, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines