Highlighted

Items moved around in pallete well / dock

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot fathom how this happened but the rectangle shape tool and text tool got moved to the collapseble well where the shaper tool / pencil tool is. Any insight how to get it the hell out of here and back to where it belongs?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Items moved around in pallete well / dock

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot fathom how this happened but the rectangle shape tool and text tool got moved to the collapseble well where the shaper tool / pencil tool is. Any insight how to get it the hell out of here and back to where it belongs?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of illustrator are you using? In CC2020, you can edit/build your own toolbar however you want. So it's not unlikely that something accidentally got switched around. Look at the bottom of the toolbar for the 3 horizontal dots . . .

Spend a few minutes and build yourself the ideal tool palette that only has the stuff you use and none of the stuff that ends up in the way.

Hope this helps. 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome, while I couldnt move anything in there to make a custom bar I was able to reset it all and it re-docked tools where they should be. How the hell it moved is beyond me. Buy CS2020 is buggy as hell. PS does all kinds of weirtd things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in order to make a new one and move them around, you need to make a new "profile" of sorts (in other words, you can't edit the default one, but you can create more).

After you click the ... button, look for the "menu" at the top right corner of the window. Click "New Toolbar", and enter a name/identifier. then you can click the ... again and start moving tools around.

Menu ButtonMenu ButtonNew Toolbar DialogNew Toolbar Dialog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0