Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged Lines, Are These Normal?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've looked on here to see if I can find a solution and everything I found didn't seem to work. When I'm creating lines/curves in Illustrator they appear to be jagged. In the attached image you can see the curves are stepping and the star looks like it has pixel gaps. 

I am using the most updated Illustrator 24.3 on a Windows 10. I have tried turning the CPU/GPU Performance on and off, Anti-Aliased Artwork on and off, Overprint view, I updated my graphics drivers, restarted my computer and the program multple times. Nothing seems to be working. If I export it as a PNG it actually comes out fine.

One solution says it may be a resolution thing, but my monitor is already at the highest resolution (1920 x 1080). I am using an external monitor if that is relvant. But the same lines appears on my laptop - they are less noticable- still there, but less. I even swithced between my old monitor and new one and the jagged lines are still there. 

I truly don't remember if this was ever an issue, I just now noticed it on my new monitor - which is bigger than my previous one. Or is this just normal, I mean it still exports fine, I just obviously don't want to see them if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Wow, so I just figured out the solution. I was creating a drop shadow and that came out pixelated, so I searched on how to fix that. I didn't realize my raster document was set to 72 PPI. I swithced it back to 300PPI and clicked the anti-aliasing flag and everything is back to normal. I must have accidentaly switched resolutions when creating a new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, so I just figured out the solution. I was creating a drop shadow and that came out pixelated, so I searched on how to fix that. I didn't realize my raster document was set to 72 PPI. I swithced it back to 300PPI and clicked the anti-aliasing flag and everything is back to normal. I must have accidentaly switched resolutions when creating a new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines