• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged lines on a vector

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have delivered a logo design in Illustrator, and on my computer, both on Illustrator and on the exported SVG, EPS and PNG, the lines are completely fine.

The client, however, sent me this photo and says all of the images are opening this way. I have re-opened the EPS and PNG in Preview, tried opening the SVG with a web browser and it all continues to be completely fine and smooth for me. All of the image paths in the saved files are expanded, no lines or text layers. What would cause this to be the case on someone else's computer, including when they upload it to social media?

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 15.56.32.pngIMG_20200528_153708.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely that's just because they are zoomed in very close on their screen? Is that the PNG version they are looking at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. It's not actually, I've viewed it on their Instagram upload from my own Mac and it's shows the same way, so the file they uploaded has that jaggedness. All of the files are the same way for them, including vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you share one of those files, rather than a photo of a screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't upload vector files to Instagram. You upload pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked online and seen the rough edges you describe on Instagram. Are you supplying it with a transparent background to them or on white? It looks to me like they are either badly removing a background or uploading a very low resolution version of the logo? What resolution PNG have you supplied them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clearly see that those are the individual pixels on their monitor, not jaggyness in the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are they viewing this in. If Illustrator, then they can try

• turning of GPU preview
  • ensuring anti-aliased is enabled in preferences.

If they are viewing a bitmapped version (eg: png) in Photoshop for example, and zooming in more than 100%, then ofcourse that will look jagged as shwon in second screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ask them for a screendump instead of a picture of their screen taken with a camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arvin,

I am afraid it is as simple as this:

You create the artwork, they let the social media destroy the artwork, the latter being notorious for degrading uploaded artwork (you may look at the reduction in file size).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines