• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joining lines (pie chart)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone guide me on how I can join these lines?  I have a pie chart layered on top of another pie chart and need the lines in sync with one another. Thank you!

natfrancoeur_1-1615086375190.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Simply precision issues in the chart tools due to value quantization. Unless you re-draw this stuff manually this won't be easily fixable. Those tools simply aren't meant for complex data graphics, just a rough starting point. You can try to manually adjust values, of course, until you may find some obscure fractional values that align things perfectly, but the time this takes to figure out could really be just as well spent drawing everything manually.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply precision issues in the chart tools due to value quantization. Unless you re-draw this stuff manually this won't be easily fixable. Those tools simply aren't meant for complex data graphics, just a rough starting point. You can try to manually adjust values, of course, until you may find some obscure fractional values that align things perfectly, but the time this takes to figure out could really be just as well spent drawing everything manually.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your answer Mylenium!  That completely makes sense. Since I mainly don't use Illustrator to manually draw things (CS5 drawing tools aren't my forte), I didn't even clue in on that.  A circle with lines should be easy enough though lol.
Off-topic - One thing I find really ironic is that this is for my dear friends' charity I work for, Myles Ahead.  Not sure if your name is Myles (Mylenium?), but just a strange coincidence!  Stay Safe and Health & Happiness to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines