• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joining the corner of my triangle to my rectangle

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I would just like to know of a way that I can join the two anchors within the circles of my screenshot. I tried the shape-builder tool but that makes it one shape. I would like to know how i can fix that slight overhang that is created by the triangle. Please let me know, thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.02.46 AM.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Kurt is totally right. Thank you.

Of course, both settings should be set to "rounded". For opened and closed paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enrique, you can, Smart Guides being your friends:

1) Select both the rectangle and the triangle, then copy to the front, then set the Fill to None, then Pathfinder>Unite;

2) With the Pen Tool or the Line Segment Tool, recreate the line in between;

3) Select the original paths beneath by ShiftClicking their fills, then set their Stroke(s) to None;

4) Select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+G to turn everything into a Group, selectable by just clicking wherever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Enrique5FB5,

if I understand you right:

You could try to select both shapes and set the stroke contour (in Stroke Panel) to: rounded caps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case round corners are desired or accepted, pixxxelschubser's advice will help if the shapes consist of single segments.

As per your screenshot it looks like there are closed paths instead. In that case the option in the Stroke palette is called Round Join (instead of Round Cap).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kurt is totally right. Thank you.

Of course, both settings should be set to "rounded". For opened and closed paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines